The 6th Erasmus+ Staff Week “Erasmus+ in Practice” was canceled due to the unfavorable epidemic situation in the Czech Republic and the government restrictions.
Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem is organizing the 6th Erasmus+ Staff Week “Erasmus+ in Practice”. The staff week will be held on May 17 – 21, 2021 unless any valid governmental regulations restrict or ban the organisation such events.
Who can attend?
The staff week is open to academic and non-academic employees of higher education institutions for the training purpose. At most 2 representatives from the same institution can apply. The maximum number of participants is 25.
The programme is not intended for participants’ family members.
How to apply?
The registration for this event is on-line. You will find the on-line application here.
The deadline for applicants is March 5, 2021. The e-mail notice of acceptance will be sent to all applicants by March 19, 2021.
There is no participation fee. The participants are expected to cover the costs of their accommodation, travel (except a planned field trip) and meals (except welcome and farewell dinners). Participants can apply for an Erasmus+ Training Staff Grant at their home institution.
The working language is English.
Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem
The Rector’s Office Building (room 1.14) and other university premises
400 96 Ústí nad Labem
|Monday||Opening, presentation of Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem, participants’ presentations, group photo shooting, guided tour of the university campus and the city, welcome dinner.|
|Tuesday||Participants’ presentations, seminar.|
|Thursday||Seminars, UJEP Science and Art Day, farewell dinner.|
|Friday||Meetings and discussions at UJEP faculties, discussion on possibilities of future cooperation, Staff Week evaluation, certificates issuing.|
The programme is subject to change.
- Linguistic support of mobility participants
- Intercultural communication
- How to encourage students to realize study stays and internships abroad?
Requirements for the participants’ presentations and contributions
All participants are required to present their home institutions. The duration of the presentation should not exceed 8 minutes. The presentation is to be sent to the organizer’s e-mail address in electronic form by May 14, 2021.
All participants are also required to send annotations of their contributions to the seminar focused on encouragement students to realize study stays and internships abroad. Annotations related to this topic are to be sent to the organizer’s e-mail address in electronic form by March 5, 2021. The length of annotations should not exceed 1.000 characters.
Chosen contributions will be presented to all participants. The authors of selected contributions will be informed by March 19, 2021. The duration of each contribution should not exceed 10 minutes. The full versions of chosen contributions are to be sent to the organizer’s e-mail address in electronic form by May 14, 2021.
Accommodation is not provided. The participants can choose from a number of facilities, such as:
- Penzion Na Hvězdě *** (Klíšská 394)
- Pivovar Hotel Na Rychtě *** (Klášterní 9)
- Comfort Hotel Usti nad Labem City *** (Masarykova 36)
- Clarion Congress Hotel Ústí nad Labem **** (Špitálské náměstí 3517)
Restaurants and snack bars near the university campus
Participants can choose from the following restaurants, canteens etc.:
- UJEP canteen (Pasteurova str. 15)
- “50bar” (České mládeže str. 8)
- Restaurant “Grill & Pub” (Masarykova str. 69)
- Restaurant “Replay´s Restaurant” (Ostrčilova str. 15)
- Restaurant “Benada” (Clarion Hotel – Špitálské square 3517)
- Restaurant “La Puerta Del Mexico” (Moskevská str. 5)
Participants can be accompanied by UJEP students from the railway station or other places in Ústí nad Labem to the Staff Week’s venue or to their accommodation on request.
All international flights to the Czech Republic arrive at the Vaclav Havel Airport Prague Ruzyně. The Airport Express (AE) Bus (one ticket costs 60 CZK or 3 EUR) goes directly to the central train station “Praha Hlavní nádraží (or Praha Hl. n.)”.
The train ticket to Ústí nad Labem costs around 160 CZK. The length of the journey is 106 km and it usually takes just over one hour.
In Ústí nad Labem you can use the city transport system. There are several possibilities to buy a ticket (preferably a ticket for 45 minutes, which enables transfers):
- in a ticket machine for 20 CZK;
- from the driver for 25 CZK (it is necessary to have coins in the amount of 25 CZK);
- through a text message (SMS): the text “MDJ” sent to the number 902 06, the cost of the text message is 20 CZK.
You can find timetables for buses and trains (including the city transport in Ústí nad Labem) here.
You will find the map of Ústí with highlighted spots here.
The Internet access will be provided to all participants during their stay at UJEP.
1 Czech crown (CZK)
1 EUR = around 27 CZK
Information about the Czech Republic
Further information about the Czech Republic is available here.
Erasmus+ Institutional Coordinator:
J. E. Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem
Pasteurova 1, 400 96 Ústí nad Labem
tel: +420 475 286 277
- Faculty of Art and Design (www.fud.ujep.cz): Markéta Vlčková (phone: +420 475 285 225, e-mail: )
- Faculty of Arts (www.ff.ujep.cz): Mgr. Jana Burdová (phone: +420 475 286 400, e-mail: )
- Faculty of Education (www.pf.ujep.cz): Mgr. Jana Klenerová (phone: +420 475 283 165, e-mail: )
- Faculty of Environment (www.fzp.ujep.cz): dr. Jiří Moravec (phone: +420 475 284 115, e-mail: )
- Faculty of Health Studies (www.fzs.ujep.cz): Mgr. Michaela Reisová (phone: +420 475 284 266, e-mail: )
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (www.fsi.ujep.cz): Ing. Lucie Melničáková (phone: +420 475 285 555, e-mail: )
- Faculty of Science (https://prf.ujep.cz): Ing. Michaela Bobková (phone: +420 475 286 656, e-mail: )
- Faculty of Social and Economic Studies (www.fse.ujep.cz): Mgr. Jitka Ježková (phone: +420 475 284 718, e-mail: )
We are looking forward to having you at Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem
The UJEP External Relations Department