Controller of personal data:
Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem
Established by law No. 314/1991 Coll.
400 96 Ústí nad Labem
Identification number 44555601
Data protection officer:
tel. +420 475 286 350, +420 720 073 202
At Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem (hereinafter as ‘university‘), public higher education institution established by law, we carry out activities entrusted to the university by The Higher Educational Act, mostly education, scientific, research and development, artistic or other creative activities. In addition, we carry out other public interest activities that contribute to the development of society.
In case you have any questions, suggestions or reminders related to personal data protection, you can contact the data protection officer, whose contact is listed above.
What principles do we follow when processing your personal data?
When processing personal data, we act in accordance with the legislation, fairly and transparently and only to fulfil our legal obligations and other activities arising from the status of the university as public higher education institution.
We process the personal data mostly on legal basis of fulfilment of legal obligation. Only when necessary, we demand consent to personal data processing. The consent has to be granted freely, unambiguously, for a specific purpose and after informing about the purpose of granting consent. Nobody will be forced to grant consent. For example, in case of the student with specific needs, we process personal health data only with the expressed consent of these students. The consent can be withdrawn at any time verbally (with simultaneous proof of identity) or in written form (with a handwritten or recognized electronic signature) so we have a proper record of the withdrawal. State in the withdrawal of consent that it is a withdrawal of consent and withdrawal of which consent it is.
Whose personal data do we process?
When carrying out our activities, we process personal data of applicants for study, students, participants of the lifelong learning programme, university of the Third Age and Teen Age University, participants of international mobilities, habilitation procedures and professor appointment procedures, alumni, participants of researches, job applicants and employees, members of university bodies, public (for example of the accommodated or participants of events), readers of the Science Library and contractors.
What personal data do we process?
We usually process personal data for identification, address, study, working and economic data (numbers of bank accounts and information about payments), descriptive (portrait photos), operating and location data (data from electronic systems). Specific range of processed data varies with particular subjects. In case of the minors, we process also address and identification data of their legal representatives.
Why do we process such data?
We process personal data for purposes of admission organisation and study, organization of courses, international mobilities, conducting the procedure under the Higher Education Act or the Code of Administrative Procedure, ensuring the activity of the university and its bodies, providing services in the Science Library and facilities of Dormitories and Canteens Management or for the purpose of performance of contracts. We process personal data also for journalistic purposes and usually for purposes of statistics, accounting and archiving.
Where do we get data from?
We get the personal data usually directly from you through applications, suggestions, initiatives or concluded contracts. We get the personal data also from documentation of events of the university or from the camera system.
Who do we transfer the data to?
Access to the obtained personal data is granted to authorized employees. We grant access to your personal data to other subjects just in case of legal obligation, if it is necessary for specific purpose of data processing or if these subjects perform services for proper operation of the university (maintenance and management of information systems). We give the personal data these persons only if there is a contract of processing concluded, so the other subjects are regarding to processing of the personal data bound by the same obligations as the university itself.
In case of international mobilities, your personal data can be transferred depending on the destination chosen to the countries outside the European Union. In such case, we provide the personal data protection by contractual clauses with the foreign institution or by other legal instruments in accordance with the regulation.
How long do we process personal data?
The period of data processing varies, however it is always set in accordance with the legislation and valid retention schedule of the university. In case of data processing for journalistic purposes, we keep this data for 5 years, in case of accounting or enforcing legal claims for 10 years. Personal data in the files of students and employees are processed for 45 years.
What rights do you have in the processing of personal data?
In relation to personal data processed by the university you may exercise the following rights:
- right to access to personal data – you have the right to require a confirmation, whether we process your personal data and if so, what personal data do we process, what is the purpose of processing, who do we transfer these data, whether do we transfer your data to third countries, how long do we keep your personal data, where did we get these data or if there is automated decision-making or profiling;
- right to rectification – you have the right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- right to erasure (right to be forgotten) – you have right to require us to delete your personal data; you don’t have this right always because of cases when the university has to process your personal data for proper organization of its activities (legal obligation) and because of cases when deletion is not technically possible;
- right to restriction of processing – you may exercise this right when you don’t want us to process your personal data for other than necessary legal reasons,
- right to data portability – you may require us to transfer your personal data to other personal data controller according to your choice in case there is no legal obstacle to this;
- right to object and automated individual decision-making – you may object in case you think we process your personal data illegally; you may object also directly against the automated decision-making and profiling; in case of personal data processing for journalistic purposes and for purposes of academic, artistic or literary expression, you may only object to the specific disclosure or access of personal data and this objection must be supported by specific reasons;
- right to lodge a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection – you may lodge a complaint, suggestion or request at any time with the Office for Personal Data Protection, Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, Czech Republic, website https://www.uoou.cz.
In case you exercise some of these rights, we shall inform you about resolving your request within one month since delivery of the request. We may extend this period regarding the complexity and number of resolving requests for two months.
The exercise of rights is free of charge. However, in case your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example the same request made more times without any reason), we may demand a fee for resolving your request.
For further information about personal data processing in the Science Library, please visit this page.