Doctoral Grant Competition (DGS)
This is a competition to support doctoral grants – research grants pursued by doctoral students at the Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem (hereinafter referred to as the UJEP) as part of activity 3 Implementation of doctoral grants U21 project – Improving the Quality of the Grant Competition and Teaching in Doctoral Study Programmes at UJEP (CZ02.2.69/0.0/0.0/19_073/0016947) implemented under Call No. 02_19_073 Improving the Quality of Internal Grant Schemes at the University RDE OP.
The Doctoral Grant Competition organised at the university level is thematically divided according to the schools of doctoral studies:
- Humanities: Faculty of Arts (FF) and Faculty of Arts and Design (FUD) – Classification by Field of Research and Development according to the Frascati manual: Humanities and arts
- Behavioural and didactic: Faculty of Social and Economic Studies (FSE) and Faculty of Education (PF) – Classification by Field of Research and Development according to the Frascati manual: Social sciences
- Polytechnic: Faculty of Science (PřF), Faculty of Environment (FŽP) and Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (FSI) – Classification by Field of Research and Development according to the Frascati manual: Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technology
A proposal for a student grant project can only be submitted by a full-time student enrolled in a doctoral study programme accredited at the UJEP (who must remain a student for the entire duration of the grant) following a Call for Doctoral Grant Applications. A student grant project can last between 12 and 24 months, with the funds to be awarded amounting to multiples of the unit cost of work capacity corresponding to 0.1 FTE per month of the grant project. The value of the unit cost is CZK 7,986. The project team may consist of up to 5 people.
The Doctoral Grant Application shall be submitted by the researcher through the Faculty SGS Educational Activities Coordinator using the prescribed form.
UJEP Grant Board
doc. Ing. Martin Novák, Ph.D., Vice-President for Science, Chairman of IGA
PhDr. Štefan Balkó, Ph.D.
prof. Dr. Ing. Libor Beneš, IWE
prof. Mgr. Zdena Kolečková, Ph.D.
prof. RNDr. Stanislav Novák, CSc.
doc. RNDr. Jaroslav Pavlík, CSc.
Ing. Jan Slavík, Ph.D.
doc. Mgr. Pavel Maškarinec, Ph.D.
doc. Ing. Josef Trögl, Ph.D.
List of all documents for download:
- Doctoral Grant Competition Policy
- Doctoral Grant Application (form) + annexes
- Initial requirements of individual researchers or research teams
- Doctoral grant outputs
- Activity Report (sample)
- Final Report (sample)